»

Monday, January 15, 2007

Half of One!

Happy New Year to all!! Here I am at a half year mark with my Sisterlocks. I 'finally' got a new camera, so I was anxious to try it out. Notice anything different? Well, I got my ends chopped off. And though it was just about an inch or so, it feels as though I have no hair left! I knew this day would come so I've been trying to prepare myself...it's not so bad. I guess you just get used to having your hair...you know? I ought to be jumping for joy that I am rid of that much more of the dreadful permed ends...in fact...Halleluiah!

For some reason, I thought I would be springing to the closest beauty supply store in search of oils / moisturizers to put in my hair at the turn of my 6 months (being sisterlocked). Quite the contrary, I'm proud to announce. About the only thing I'm anxious to do is find a good conditioner, because I do feel that it is important to keep the hair conditioned. So, I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced and effective conditioner. I've seen many of you sisterlocked sistahs blog about various moisturizers/conditioners/shampoos, so I will be visiting to read feedback to help in my search. However, if anyone has any recommendations that are high on your list, please leave me a comment about it? Thanks!

I cannot wait for the short locks on the sides and in the back to grow in. I'll have to blog about the condition of my kitchen....it currently leaves much to be desired. Seems like its taking those little baby locks Forever to lock! Anywho, I can tell that my locks are beginning to go through the expanding phase....they look rather puffy these days. It's all good, though, I'm enjoying every step and every phase I go through with my locks. It's all worth it!

21 comments:

Abena Abena said...

Aundria,

Your hair looks darling. Watch how fast it grows one day you will look in the mirror and say OMGosh where did all that hair come from ((((smile)))) Your hair, makeup and smile are absolutely beautiful.

Brenda said...

Your hair looks awesome! As for conditioners, I use the JML Protein Conditioner, but I dilute it with water. It seems to work pretty well and doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy or slippery. I only use it on the bottom half of my locks, not on the scalp.

Cashana said...

Your hair is looking wonderful! BTW, I began my Sisterlock journey in January.

C & C said...

love your locs! i had traditional locs before my sls. the last 6 months of my tl journey i used the sisterlock moisture treatment- diluted with water in a spray bottle- and loved it.

NappyTexanGirl said...

Sorry for posting so late,
Your SLs are gorgeous. I think our hair is very similar in texture and length. I am still battling with these relaxed ends, but you seem to be handling them well.

keep us posted on the progress...................

Anonymous said...

Your locks are fabulous. Thanks sooo much for keeping such an excellent blog... I'm planning on having my locks installed within the next 2 months and yours were part of the few pics I could find of Sisterlocks with relaxed ends. Now I feel like I can know what to expect :)

Aundrea said...

Thanks Ladies for the comments and thanks Brenda for weighing in on my quest for a good conditioner. I think I'm off to the beauty supply to find that conditioner. I also saw a post from Blaqkofi about this same conditioner. Judging by what beautifully maintained locks you both have, I think I'm going to give it a whirl!

Thanks so much for the encouragement Chosen Vessel - If you only knew...I so need it!! ;-)) I feel it's taking FOREVER! ;-(

Locizm - Thanks for the tip on the SL Moisture Treatment. I had just put in an order for some - what a coincidence! I was deliberating about whether to get the spray moisturizer, or the moisture treatment in the 8 oz. container. From what you're saying, I'm glad I chose the container - now I can use it both ways!

Nappytexangirl - I've been to your blog, and I do agree! Except you've got a great head of hair - even in it's permed state (unlike myself)! Yes, we've got a ways to go, but it will be worth it in the end, I'm just sure of it!

Destiny536 - Thanks so much for your comment. I'm so glad that you find it helpful. I, too, remember searching blogs for those who made the transformation from relaxed ends. I found it helpful and encouraging - made me know that 'yes, I can too'!! Keep stopping by! Can't wait to see your journey as well!

Mel said...

Your hair looks fantastic! You still have a lot of length and I'm sure it won't be long before the back and sides are just where you want them to be.
I also love your Holiday pics - did you use curlers to create this look?

Maryee said...

Drea!!!!! So georgeous!!!!

brunsli said...

You look great! Your hair looks fab and I like your makeup too! :)

Goodnapps said...

You look beautiful hun!

Swyfty said...

Wow!! Your hair looks great! Be sure to keep us updated on the progress of the "kitchen". :-)

Jena Evans said...

Just beautiful!!! Your locs should really help the sister on the bubble turn to sisterlocks...

blessings~

Aundrea said...

Mel, Maryee, Brunsli, Goodnapps, Toni, and Jena - Thank You!! I'm sorry for the delayed response to comments guys - haven't been able to get to the home computer lately. Mel to answer your question - I used Caruso steam rollers. I swear by them these days!

Anonymous said...

I agree your locks look good and so does your make up (-;!

Anonymous said...

Your Sisterlocks are coming along quite beautifully!!! I look forward to your updated photos :)

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I know I'm late but I havent been on in a while. YOur locks look wonderful. They have really come along. I just bought the Caruso and I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

U look nice, Very Nice! but u know this already! I don't have to tell ya! Have a good week!

Peace

Cashana said...

Waiting on some new pictures lady I am curious to see what they are looking like now. Anyway, I tagged my Alabama buddy, see my blog for more info.

Mzcka said...

Dido to what everyone else has said, your hair is beautiful. I was excited when my permed ends were cut off too it seems like you can style soo much more.

Candace aka mzcka

Jena Evans said...

Gonna tag you! Hope you are up for it. Be blessed~