»

Monday, September 01, 2008

Me and My Sisterlocks During the Past 8 Months....

Rather than make excuses as to why I have not posted for so long...(because I know none of the reasons are foreign to any one of you...yet you still find time to post...which is precisely why I won't give any excuses...ahh the guilt, the guilt!) ...I thought, instead, I would just provide a brief synopsis touching on a few of the main points... I do also want to take a moment to thank everyone who dropped me a line to check on me during my absence from the blog world. It feels good to know my blog has helped sisters like me! This post is for y'all!

Since my last post...In order of occurrence...

1. The pre-occupation I spoke of in my January post was due to my second pregnancy. Yes, the Lord blessed us with another beautiful child (who I'll call 'Cupcake' - her Nana's pet name for her) in May. Pregnancy for me was more fun and easier the second time around, but I was still lazy!

A very pregnant me (above) and again w/ my DH at a wedding.

Introducing:

Cupcake

2. My family's strength, courage, and faith were tested when two men, driving on the wrong side of a twisty country road one Wednesday afternoon, met my mother-in-law and my son almost head on in a collision that left the driver of the other vehicle dead, my mother-in-law with extensive serious injuries and my son with (thank you Lord) a small fracture to his left tibia-fibula. I was 8 months along into my pregnancy. My son, JEGM, is now fine...the leg healed nicely...after a 6 week stint in a full leg cast! Nothing nice about sponge bathing a toddler for 6 weeks! To give an idea of how serious mama's injuries were, I went on maternity leave the next month (after the accident) for 12 weeks, and when I returned to work, she was still in the hospital. She is still unable to walk right now, but she is a fighter and continues with physical therapy twice a week. We all pray to see her walk again soon.

***********************************************

JEGM and his cast just before they took it off...obviously he was really looking forward to the moment when he would finally rid himself of that dead weight!

3. I was able to sneak away to have some much needed maintenance done to my hair...I had my locs cut - Which now OFFICIALLY marks the END OF MY PERMED ENDS - Hallelujah!!! And I finally got some color with highlights.

(First two shots are just before hair appt.)

Post color & trim... This was yet another lazy day...had my hair up in a clip because I just didn't feel like doing much in the way of styling...ahh...the beauty and convenience of Sisterlocks!! Doesn't sound very eventful does it? Well, add being a Mommy who's needed 24/7 all over again and this is what you get....no time....or very little time

15 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

congrats on your new born, and your locks look great and thank god that your family survived a car wreck

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Wow so much has gone on since the last timne I visited. First I want to say glad all is well with your family and congrats on the new bundle of joy, such a cuttie. YOur locks are great and they have grown so much. Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound very eventful?! Are you kidding??!! Sounds like you've had alot going on.

Congratulations on the new addition, Cupcake is beautiful! I was also happy to read that your son is ok and I will have your mother in my thoughts.

Your locks are looking gorgeous!!!

Happiest Nappy said...

OMG! That Baby is beautiful! Hug her for me! I am sooooo glad you posted! Um, you SLs? Slammin!!! I missed you & the encouraging posts. What a treat when I checked in with you today! Be blessed!

Aundrea said...

Thanks you guys! Thanks for your thoughts of concern for my family. It's been a tough road, but hopefully, brighter days are on the way! I'll be dropping by your blogs to see how you've all been as well! Take care. -Drea

brunsli said...

Congratulations!!

What a beautiful baby you have! And your little boy with his cast is just adorable.

Naturally, your hair looks great too.

I'm thrilled for you -- you have so many good things in your life! :) (And best wishes for a speedy recovery of your MIL.)

Aundrea said...

Thanks Brunsli!! I guess now that I have one of each, I'll call it quits! But they're such a joy to have. My MIL is making tremendous strides every day. I'm so inspired by her strength and courage. Thanks again for stopping by!

Locs2Envy said...

Your hair is beautiful. You've been tagged. Please go to my blog for the rules.

Dr Locs said...

Your locks are gorgeous! I just got locked 9/26/08 and have about 4 inches of permed ends. I appreciate your post on your contemplation as to when to do the big chop. I think I will be trimming a little at each retightening so that it's not a shock :)
drlocs.blogspot.com

Locin' Librarian said...

Congratualtions on the birth of your second child. I know you are quite busy these days but when you get a moment please share details about how you maintained and styled your hair when you still had several inches of permed ends. I am transitioning right now with two strand twists. I plan to do this until June 1, 2009. At that time I planned to get my Sisterlocks installed. Who was/is your consultant and where is she located? Pls check out my new blog and leave a response to the questions or just email me. Your locs look great! Here is a link to my blog:
http://locinlibrarian.blogspot.com/

free2bme said...

Your hair is beautiful...I will be there one day soon. I am so glad that you family is okay that is truly a blessing. I will definitly put you on my prayer list! what do you do to get such beautiful waves and curls in earlier posts and this post? Would love to know
Thanks

TwoIslandsGirl said...

Congratulations! Your little Cupcake is so beautiful! I'm glad that your family is doing well.

Sogolocs said...

I have been waiting so long to see your progress. I am thankful everyone is okay from the accident.Your new daughter's name is just fitting. She is adorable. I love the picture.

We were locked around the same time and I started with relaxed ends too. So, I was excited to see your progress. Your hair looks wonderful. Stay in touch and keep blogging....

Maryee said...

Hey Sis,

What wonderful updates! Glad to know all is well with family and your locks. Many blessings to you!!!

z said...

Congrats to you on your new family addition, and your locks are so beautiful too!