»

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Taking the Plunge into the world of Sisterlocks

Fast forward to July 21, 2006 - the day I took the step that I know will have a most profound impact on my life, as I know it. The process, for me, took approximately 17 hours to complete (My consultant was great! She never waivered and remained on course to make those locks ever so small - just like I wanted. She was really fast too! Couldn't believe I was done so soon!) over the course of two days. I'd forgotten to take the totally 'before' picture to show my entire head pre-sisterlocks. But, my consultant endulged me by roughing up my hair a bit in this picture. ;-)

As those first locks were being created, I thought...YES! Finally! I prefer smaller locks, so I hope that my locks don't expand too much due to the density of my hair. I always find myself looking on line to different blogs and such trying to find sisters with a similar hair type to mine so that I can get a better idea of what I can expect as my locks mature....anyone??? Drop me a line if you think your hair texture looks similar to mine and you have mature locks...please? I'd love to hear from you! Here are more pictures from my initial locking session:

7 comments:

Maryee said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Aundrea said...

Thanks so much, Maryee!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you a million times over for sharing your experience! I am going through exactly what you described. Fear of the unknown. Trying to get my mind around the hair/life style change. Tired of extension/wig cycle.

Your SL's look great! I too have thick and course hair. 8-9" All natural.

Creyole said...

So happy for you and I know you will enjoy thrill of the ride through lockdom!

Aundrea said...

To Anonymous: My pleasure! I'm just thrilled to share in hopes that others will benefit! Thanks for the sweet words. You've done great 8-9" all natural...that's great!

Aundrea said...

Thanks so much for the well wishes Lachanda. I've been to your blog quite a few times. You have been a great inspiration to me! I just love the cute cut you sport! It looks great! Seeing you made me see how truly versatile Sisterlocks can be with some vision! Thanks again!

The Road of Transition for a Plus Size Diva said...

If I may ask, who did you sister locks? I live in Maryland and I am trying to transition but I want some one good.